Instructions and Restrictions
- Your surgeon will advise you about restricting certain activities such as bathing, showering, walking up/down stairs, driving, and exercising.
- You are strongly advised not to sign any important documents or make significant decisions during the first 24 hours following your procedure.
- You will be given instructions on food and liquid restrictions. In general, you will be allowed to eat, but the focus should be on staying hydrated. Lack of appetite is not unusual after a surgical procedure.
- Please contact your surgeon if you experience:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Temperature to 101 degrees Fahrenheit (oral) or higher
- Redness, pain, tenderness, drainage of the wound
- Any specific warning signs your surgeon has told you to report.
- Excessive nausea and vomiting
- Excessive tenderness of the wound
- Persistence of bleeding or drainage of the wound after 20 minutes of firm pressure applied to the wound with gauze
Post-Surgical (Discharge) Instructions
- California Pacific Medical Center (All Campuses: California, Davies, Pacific and St. Lukes) (to be provided at time of discharge)
- Chinese Hospital
- Presidio Surgery Center
- St. Mary’s Medical Center (to be provided at time of discharge)